8 November 2015

Everything, Everything - Book Briefing

 
Everything, Everything - Book Briefing


I recently begun reading Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon and so far I love it! I have only gotten 100 pages in and already I am really enjoying it. Here is the synopsis:

My Disease is rare as it is famous. Basically, I'm allergic to the world. I don't leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mum and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He's tall, lean and wearing all black - Black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can't predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It's almost certainly going to be a disaster.

I requested this book from NetGalley (who kindly sent me an e-copy) and I wasn't 100% sure what the book was about when I started reading it. By the first 3 chapters, I was immediately wrapped and thought "this is right up my alley". Nicola writes in a really captivating way - the narrative is told by the main character, Madeline, and consists of multiple different mediums. I'm a sucker for different mediums and novels and Everything, Everything has IMing sessions, diary entries, reviews and all the like.The originality in the novel has hit home for me so far.
Also, the relationship between Madeline and her mother and nurse, Carla are so genuine and enjoyable to read. I find myself swooning and smiling over the conversations between Madeline and Olly too. I whole-heartedly recommend this book to everyone who enjoys romance and contemporary and books packed with originality. Also, how pretty is this cover? It would look great on my shelf!
 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff