8 November 2015

Quote Compendium: Clockwork Prince

 

Clockwork Prince Quote Compendium


Here are my favourite quotes from Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare in a Quote Compendium, complete with page numbers and chapters. This may contain some spoilers.

Small note (about edition of the book): It is published by Walker Books and contains 496 pages. Pages in different editions will most likely be different but chapter won't.

Old Mol screeched with laughter. "Love potions? For Will 'erondale? 'Tain't my way to turn down payment, but any man who looks like you 'as got no need of love potions, and that's a fact."
"No," Will said, a little desperation in his voice."I was looking for the opposite, really - something that might put an end to being in love."
- Will Herondale, Old Mol, Prologue, Page 11

"Aloysius Starkweather is the most stubborn, hypocritical, obstinate, degenerate-" She broke off clearly fighting control of her temper. Tessa had never seen Charlotte's mouth so firmly set into a hard line.
"Would you like a thesaurus?" Will inquired.
- Charlotte Branwell, Will Herondale, Chapter 4, Page 75

"I shall charm him with such force that when I am done, he will be left lying limply on the ground, trying to remember his own name."
"The man's eighty-nine," muttered Jem. "He may well have that problem anyway."
- Will Herondale, Jem Carstairs, Chapter 4, Page 90

"They're not hideous." said Tessa.
Will blinked at her. "What?"
"Gideon and Gabriel," said Tessa. "They're really quite good-looking, not hideous at all."
"I spoke," said Will in sepulchral tones, "of the pitch-black inner depths of their souls."
Tessa snorted. "And what colour do you suppose the inner depths of your soul are, Will Herondale?"
"Mauve," said Will.
- Tessa Gray, Will Herondale, Chapter 4, Page 91

His beauty did not blaze like Will's did in fierce colours and repressed fire, but it had it's own muted perfection, the loveliness of snow falling against a silver-grey sky.
- Jem Carstairs, Chapter 6, Page 139

"But you lover her."
Will stared at him. "Of course I do," he said finally. "I had some time to think I would never love anyone, but I love her."
- Magnus Bane, Will Herondale, Chapter 6, Page 144

Jem is my great sin.
- Will Herondale, Chapter 6, Page 144

They say time heals all wounds, but that presumes the source of the grief is finite. Over.
- Will Herondale, Chapter 6, Page 155

If no one cares for you at all, do you even really exist.
- Will Herondale, Chapter 6, Page 156

"Did you just kiss me?" Will inquired.
Magnus made a split-second decision. "No."
- Will Herondale, Magnus Bane, Chapter 13, Page 321

"Ah," said a voice from the doorway, "having your annual everyone-thinks-Will-is-a-lunatic meeting, are you?"
"It's biannual," said Jem. "And no, this is not that meeting."
- Will Herondale, Jem Carstairs, Chapter 14, Page 329

Will has always been the brighter burning star, the one to catch attention - but Jem is the steady flame, unwavering and honest.
- Sophie Collins, Chapter 15, Page 358

Lies and secrets, Tessa, they are like cancer in the soul. They eat away what is good and leave only destruction behind.
- Aunt Harriet, Chapter 17, Page 395

It's always better to live the truth than to live a lie.
- Magnus Bane, Chapter 17, Page 413

"I cannot explain love,' he said. "I could not tell if I you loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking toward me and I realised that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you. That you were the centre of everything I did and felt and thought."
- Jem Carstairs, Chapter 18, Page 430

There is a force and strength in love.
- Jem Carstairs, Chapter 18, Page 430

You are home for me now.
- Jem Carstairs, Chapter 18, Page 432

We live and breath words.
- Will Herondale, Chapter 20, Page 467
 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff